Enter your email address here if you want to follow Foggy via email

Sunday, 15 March 2015

Carer blog

Hello!!

Foggy is currently on his way to Japan in first class surrounded by bubbles (jiffy bag in the post). He is so excited about being in Osaka for the Cherry Blossom Festival at the end of March! While he is resting up ready for his next adventure he has given Sally permission to write another blog post. He loves that he gets all of the glory but Sally does all of the work! Tee hee.

Hi,

Since the beginning of the campaign I have been asking for carers/family members to write a, true account, blog post for Foggy to show that it is not just M.E. sufferer lives that are affected by this dreadful illness. However, understandably perhaps, I have not had any volunteers come forward. My intention was to raise awareness of the true nature of every aspect of M.E. but now accept that this may be too traumatic to write.

Personally, I don't have a carer and so can't ask a family member to write a carer perspective blog post for me. Luckily I am fortunate enough to still be able to do most of my daily activities. On very bad days I take myself off to my bed. I am not 'looked after' but have the emotional support when needed. There are so many sufferers out there who have to rely on support from others to do simple tasks and it was these carers that I wanted to highlight.

I am imagining that caring for another human being to such a large degree is extremely restrictive and exhausting. I can fully understand why writing about these life experiences is not an appealing option; the sufferer may be hurt or
upset by what is written - however unintentional. So, unless someone comes forward I wont be actively asking someone to write from this particular blog perspective. Carers, just know that you are appreciated for all that you do and we, sufferers, are forever grateful for your love, support and companionship.

My friend Alessia is writing a blog post from the perspective of someone who knew nothing about M.E. but is now close friends with a sufferer and learning something new every day! I have asked her to be brutally honest - I believe there is no point writing for an awareness campaign if you sugar coat what you are writing. Hopefully this blog post will be published in the next couple of weeks.

Sally xx

No comments:

Post a Comment