Enter your email address here if you want to follow Foggy via email

Monday, 28 September 2015

News!! Today is day one of a new adventure.....

Hi!!

Sally has news! Brace yourselves......
I'll let her tell you all about it.

Foggy xx

Hello,

The eagle-eyed amongst you will have noticed that Foggy has not been on social media much over the past couple of weeks. There is a good reason for this....
I have left my job and set up my own business....massive smiley face. There are a number of negative reasons for this; I will, possibly, go into those reasons at a later date. For now, let's concentrate on the positives. Being my own boss means that-

  •  I can manage my energy levels much more easily.
  •  I will be able to take regular rest breaks, without needing someone else's permission.
  •  Some of the work that I will be doing can be done from my bed, on payback days.
  •  I can set my own hours, which means doing work at 3am when I have insomnia, and resting  later in the day.
  •  No longer being directly customer facing means I can stop, when I have an overwhelming need  to STOP.
Believe me when I say I have no doubt it will be hard work, but I have a very good feeling about the future. One of my biggest struggles over the past few years has been having to fight against extreme tiredness, to make sure I fitted in with someone else's timetable.

My new business is called Words Angel (Twitter - @wordsangelwings).
My lovely logo
There are three elements to my business:
  • Proofreading service for students and startup businesses
  • Social media mentoring for startup businesses
  • Public speaking - how organisations can support clients/staff with invisible disabilities
I will still continue doing Foggy related public speaking for free - especially when it is for charity. However, now I am self employed, time is money and organisations will have to pay for my words of wisdom.

I am still waiting for footage of the 'Supporting Users with Invisible Disabilities' talk I gave three weeks ago. As soon as I have it, I will upload the footage for Foggy's Followers to see. Apparently, I was really good! Great feedback received.

One thing I forgot to do on Sunday, because I was too busy, was announce this week's caption competition winner. For those people who don't know about the weekly caption competition - a photo from Foggy's World Tour is chosen (by me) and Foggy's Followers compete to think of the most weird/funny caption. The winner is announced on Sundays at 7pm.

This was last week's photo, the winning caption is underneath. Well done to Kitty Parker (Facebook)
"The medieval sport of hurling hats off a ladder is far from dead."

This week's photo will be uploaded to social media separately tonight. Anyone can take part; either send your entry (one per person) through social media or email it to me via mefoggydog@gmail.com.

Have a good week!

Love,

Sally xx

1 comment:

  1. I am very excited for your new business and other adventures! I also found your caption winner brilliant! I actually laughed out loud 😄

    ReplyDelete