Enter your email address here if you want to follow Foggy via email

Tuesday, 8 March 2016

Making friends

Hello!

I met a lot of lovely people during my travels in Asia. I also made a lot of new doggy friends. My 'sitter' Derek took me to a dog rescue centre in Kovalam, the organisation is called Street Dog Watch Association (They are on Facebook - Link).

Derek explains who the dog in the photo is:
George


'I sponsor this dog, he is called George. He was a RTA victim and nearly had to be put down due to a pelvic injury and broken leg that was beyond repair. He survived the pelvic op' and although he cannot use his back leg, they decided not to amputate. A year later he now manages really well! He's adorable. Lovely temperament'.


Derek, me and my new doggy friends
The Street Dog Watch Association is run by an English couple called Mary and Steve. They have done marvels for the local strays there in Kovalam. Mary now runs a huge sterilisation programme that has considerably cut down the local stray population. She also homes any unwanted dogs there and they're all happy as you can see! She does get a lot re-homed to English people who fall in love with them on their travels!

Mary, Steve and their dedicated staff are truly amazing people. It cannot be easy for them in the heat every single day.

Foggy is working hard to raise funds and awareness for the ME Association. Please donate and help fund desperately needed medical research. Please donate via www.mefoggydog.org

Foggy snogs xxxx



No comments:

Post a Comment