Enter your email address here if you want to follow Foggy via email

Wednesday, 1 June 2016

Campaign

Hi,

Foggy is on his way to Ottawa and while Foggy HQ is lovely and quiet (he snores!) I am taking the opportunity to write this blog.

Further to THIS blog One Woman Band blog from World Tour campaign. running the campaign has changed immeasurably. For Foggy's World Tour Team Foggy consisted of work colleagues, friends, IT geeks, badge makers, marketing gurus who were on hand to offer help, advice and skills for the cause.

However, since then I have left my job, friends have moved away and peoples circumstances have changed and so are unable to help. I have singlehandedly had to manage/run this campaign and Team Foggy Portsmouth now just consists of Me, Foggy and Patch. Obviously all sitters are honorary members of Team Foggy but they do not live here so cannot help with the workload. Add to this the fact that I have been additionally unwell with an ear infection for more than half of Foggy's latest campaign and it's not really any wonder that this campaign is not doing as well as it could be. I also have a very low income and so, unlike last time, can not spend my own cash to make Foggy's exploits entertaining.

A number of Followers have pointed out that there aren't as many photos as there were during the last campaign. That's because the format is different and I specified sporty photos only. I wanted to change it up so it didn't get boring and strongly believed that using sport to highlight a symptom was a really good idea. With hindsight....maybe not. I have been feeling like a bit of a failure because of the lack of engagement (in monetary terms), however I came across this quote.

Enjoy failure and learn from it. You can never learn from success. James Dyson
I have learned a lot of lessons from this campaign. What will and won't work. I can now see the limitations of social media. Likes and RT's don't necessarily lead to donations. 4000 Followers across all social media streams and 32 donations doesn't add up. Also zero offers to DO sport.  My family and I strongly believe that Patch, as his health is deteriorating, will no longer be with us if Foggy comes back in 2017 so the format will change again. I hope I can come up with something that engages people more than this campaign has.

There won't be a party at the end this time around, I have no idea what to do on Foggy's last day....that's a work in progress!

Love,

Sally xx

No comments:

Post a Comment